Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm Sub-Zero Liquid Chilled System
    Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 2:24pm
It's finally here. We're giving an exclusive sneak peek of our new ‘Sub-Zero Liquid Chilled’ system to our forum members. We’ll be officially launching it within a few days.

Originally posted by Details

The Formula 1 of high-performance computing has arrived exclusively from Digital Storm. The Sub-Zero Liquid Chilled System is a revolutionary cooling apparatus that pumps a deluge of below 0°C chilled liquid through the CPU, chipset, or video cards, smothering any heat it encounters.

Built and tested over months of rigorous research and development by a performance focused engineering team, Digital Storm has been able to overclock Intel’s flag-ship i7 980X CPU to 4.6GHz while idling the processor below 0°C. The Sub-Zero Liquid Chilled package is specifically designed for enthusiasts and hardcore gamers who are driven by the pursuit of benchmark crushing performance and power. Central to this new system’s extreme performance is a series of TEC coolers at its heart that in combination with high-end liquid cooling components provide an enormous performance edge. Computer enthusiasts will drool over the sizable overclocking headroom this new cooling system provides allowing them to achieve a performance level they always dreamed of but never had the ability to purchase from a system integrator.

To achieve such radically low temperatures for maximum performance, enthusiasts have been stuck purchasing bulky phase change systems, however the new the Sub-Zero Liquid Chilled System from Digital Storm has numerous advantages over phase standard systems that have similar cooling capabilities. Unlike phase change systems, there are no moving parts at the TEC core of the Sub-Zero Liquid Chilled system providing enthusiasts with greater reliability and low maintenance. Digital Storm is a brand inspired by performance and the Sub-Zero Liquid Chilled System is part of the company's long tradition of building the fastest performing products in the market.

We'll be accepting orders very soon. Within a matter of days. Customers that have emailed me for pre-orders will definitely be receiving a system in time for the holidays.

Edited by Alex - 08 Nov 2010 at 8:10pm
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 2:28pm
Huzzah! Big%20Smile

I really can't put it any better than that.
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MagiK Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 2:35pm
Confused  Umm  you mean we can't order today?  I am on the list ..but I thought it would be possible to actually order today.  Cry  more waiting?

Guess I can close the Configurator window and quit hitting f5 every 3 minutes.  *sigh*

Edited by MagiK - 08 Nov 2010 at 2:40pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by MagiK

Confused  Umm  you mean we can't order today?  I am on the list ..but I thought it would be possible to actually order today.  Cry  more waiting?

The team is putting the final touches on the website, photos, video, and content. It'll be worth it, I promise .
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MagiK Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 2:41pm
Im sure it will Alex...its just.....Ive been hitting f5 all day thinking I was going to be able to do it today...it's that whole  Excited thing.

Edited by MagiK - 08 Nov 2010 at 2:42pm
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 2:47pm
I've actually been resting easy knowing that MagiK would be constantly monitoring the situation (And keeping DSO on task, lol!), he's my scout, I just monitor the forums and know what's going on based on his levels of excitement. Big%20Smile

Just think, you've made it this far, you can handle a couple more days of Excited

Though I do agree,  I was expecting the full launch today.
wcboltman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wcboltman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Though I do agree,  I was expecting the full launch today.

+1

Oh well a few more days it is!
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MagiK Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 2:53pm
I should take a few days off and go do something less frustrating like work on my golf game  Hahaha
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by MagiK

I should take a few days off and go do something less frustrating like work on my golf game  Hahaha

As long as you refrain from drawing little pictures of Alex on the golf balls, I think that is a swell idea. LOL
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MagiK Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:08pm
hmmmm.....
AmbientChong11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote AmbientChong11 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:11pm
The setup looks amazing and a bit complex. Will these only be for a select number of cases? It's hard for me to see this LC setup fit in the 932 much less the 922.

Edited by AmbientChong11 - 08 Nov 2010 at 3:12pm
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:15pm
I could be wrong in this, but I believe that this new system is only going to be offered in the Hailstorm case and the MountainMods case. At least with everything self-contained.
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MagiK Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:18pm
How many free 5.25 bays are there if you have a single DVD Rom in it?  From the front looks to be 3 maybe 4 but you really cant tell if something is behind those panels.
wcboltman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wcboltman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by AmbientChong11

The setup looks amazing and a bit complex. Will these only be for a select number of cases? It's hard for me to see this LC setup fit in the 932 much less the 922.

Only HailStorm and Mountain Mods cases.
Maugrem View Drop Down

Quote Maugrem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:48pm
I know everyone is excited about ordering the PC (I would be too if I had the cash for one, even without it I've been watching almost as much as Magik) but I am wondering if they could give more details about the actual peltier setup. I've looked into them a bit and what I've seen is they're ridiculously complicated in the best case scenario and hopelessly complex for everything else. I'm sure I could figure it all out eventually myself but I would like to see how professionals do it.

Also a bit of a side note, but I saw wcboltman mention that it's only available for Hailstorm and Mountain Mod cases...does that mean digital storm is going to start offering mountain mod cases? Or will they still be special order? Because I know shipping on them would be exorbitant but if it's something they'd plan on shipping I'd be very interested in following in the steps of our legendary justin.kerr and his infamous drunken monkey. Maybe not as extraordinary, but close. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery after all.

No rush for me though, got to save for a while before I can even think about getting a computer. Such is the life of a college student. So if either of these things are in the works in the far future maybe a little heads up?

Oh and Digital Storm, congratulations on this new cooling system. It is worthy of the title epic.
Mikhailn View Drop Down

Quote Mikhailn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:49pm
Id like a little more details on "within a matter of days."
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MagiK Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:54pm
LOL Maugrem, "as a college student"...I bow to your success, I was lucky if I could afford Ramen when I was "college student" age  Cool  Im 48 and just now getting the Rig I always wanted Hahaha  Errr I mean I will be eventually if they ever get around to letting me actually umm you know....BUY it  Wink
Maugrem View Drop Down

Quote Maugrem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:06pm
Heh, college is easy (comparatively) to budgeting everything. Jobs on campus are lean right now and while it's easy to survive (especially if you're lucky enough to get any good scholarships) anything that is a luxury is well out of reach. But hopefully (assuming everything goes right) I'll be in grad school next year and getting paid for my time instead of paying for it. I figure with the fiscal responsibility learned in surviving without spending money during undergrad I'll have no valid reason to spend in grad school.

Besides waiting isn't too terrible if you think about it in terms of 'just waiting for the next big thing'. I'm looking forward to being there for the X68 motherboards and whatever comes after the GTX 580 and HD 6970. Until then I deal with my little rock computer from the Precambrian era.

And Magik, the first thing you do once you un-box that monster of a PC you're getting and hook it up better be taking pictures and posting them here.
AmbientChong11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote AmbientChong11 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by wcboltman

Originally posted by AmbientChong11

Only HailStorm and Mountain Mods cases.

Thanks.
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MagiK Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:53pm
I fully intend to photo-document the arrival, unboxing and installation.....taking the time to post the pictures...may take a bit  :)  I will do a full review of the experience and post it here eventually.
neilkaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote neilkaz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 5:42pm
@MagiK
Are you first here, I hope so and exactly what are you getting?

@Alex and DS, my main needs are for tremendous CPU power. When 8 core HT Xeons come out at high end speeds (ins't this soon?) I will want a dual CPU set up like this,but just a single top of the line GPU so everything should fit super cooled no problem. I presume DS could build that, since I recall seeing dual CPU's in a few pics?

Thx .. neilkaz ..
HAF932
i7-980X at 4.34 Ghz HT 24/7
GTX 275
6 MB STT DDR3 at 1628 MHz
Stage 4 cooling
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MagiK Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 5:47pm
Neil, you need to post in the Configuration section of the forums.
This thread is about a specific new release of a cooling system in their Elite Product line that will be released to the public umm soon?

Go here: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/compblackops.asp for some configuration options.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by neilkaz

@Alex and DS, my main needs are for tremendous CPU power. When 8 core HT Xeons come out at high end speeds (ins't this soon?) I will want a dual CPU set up like this,but just a single top of the line GPU so everything should fit super cooled no problem. I presume DS could build that, since I recall seeing dual CPU's in a few pics?

Yes, however, our Sub-Zero Liquid Chilled system will not be able to cool two highly overclocked 8 core CPUs. We can still go with our high-end liquid cooling options.
trinimoses View Drop Down

Quote trinimoses Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 8:14pm
Alex didnt u tell me that you all would try to get it to work with the dual cpu sr-2 ?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 8:58pm
I spoke to the team, they won't be able to do high overclocks with two CPUs with the system. Both of them together would output too much heat for the system. You can still go with a Stage 6 liquid cooling system and get high overclocks.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 9:05pm
I wonder how much one of these systems is going to end up weighing in the Hailstorm case? Weight really isn't an issue, I already know the thing is going to be big, I'm just curious. It seems like a lot of gaming rigs with extensive cooling systems can be pretty dang heavy for a PC! Of course, I once owned a laptop that weighed 14.6lbs, haha.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 9:10pm
I would say within 50Lbs-80LBs depending on the config.

Quote trinimoses Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 9:27pm
ALex i think i would prefer the new cooling.. .with a lower overclock.. just to have the sub zero cooling
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 9:47pm
That should be no problem.

Quote trinimoses Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 11:00pm
Is this system closed ?? mean would a user have to add water or anything to it regularly?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 11:18pm
within 2 years or so.
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 2:01am
my god, i need this now lol
wcboltman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wcboltman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 4:01pm
Alex is the side panel the same or did you modify to show off the new setup?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 6:07pm
Same.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 10:10pm
I just happened to think, is that etched Digital Storm logo going to be on all of these systems, or is that just something that was done for the display model?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>